A sucker is born every hour, still there are many people who will make their own decisions and will not mind yours. You will meet them among your customers, clients, coworkers...and even your spouse can be such a one.
Is there any technique to make them accept your decisions rather than making their own? Sure, there are situations when people will accept other people's decisions. Use your brain and create such situations; just that's it.
Situations when people will accept other people's decisions
- There are choices but do not know which to select.
- Too many risks for the decision
- There is no time to think and experiment. A decision is required now!
- The other man is an expert
Tips to create such situations
- When you feel the other man will make a decision, just introduce too many 'like looking' options. This will make him/her to take a step back from decision making . This is the Option flooding technique.
- When you have no option to tell, find some potential risks of the original decision. This will increase your chance for the other person to hand over the decision to you.
- Make it an emergency. Find some reason so that the other person has no time to make the decision.This trick may not work always.
- This is the best technique. Just act as an expert (even if you are not). By the time the other person come to know that you were not, you can make your decision (by consulting some other expert if needed) and start executing it.